Best Milk Frother - Guide & Reviews
If you’ve been searching the Internet for the best milk frother, you have probably come across hundreds if not thousands of products all claiming to be just that. But we can tell you right not there are different types of milk frothers and the quality ranges from the great to the poor. To simplify matters, we reviewed the highest rated and most feature milk frother and narrowed it down to the top 10.
Why Use a Milk Frother?
A milk frother is a kitchen appliance for making foamy milk for different types of coffee. What it does is produce a foamy concoction that enhances the taste and aroma of your beverage. While it’s commonly used for cappuccino and other types of coffee, you can also use it to enhance the taste of other drinks.
The Top 10 Milk Frothers
Here are our choices for the best milk frother today:
If you’re looking for the best milk frother for the money, the BMF600XL should be right up there on your consideration list.
The BMF600XL allows you to adjust the temperature, and one press of a button lets you choose between hot or cold froth.
The frothing jig is dishwasher safe and you can choose from a latte disc for creamy, smooth milk and cappuccino for something denser.
The Aeroccino is an affordable but efficient milk frother that froths hot and cold milk.
It has a 250 ml heating capacity and 130 ml for frothing, and you also get indicators for maximum and minimum liquid levels.
The Aeroccino is not just efficient but fast too, as it only takes 70 seconds to produce hot, froth milk. Last but not the least, the base is easy to remove and clean.
If you check the best milk frother reviews online, the Epica will most likely get a mention as it is popular with a lot of consumers.
With the Epica you get a 8.5 oz./250 ml. heating capacity and 4.25 oz./125 ml. frothing capacity, and since the carafe is removable, pouring is easy.
The container is stainless steel and couple that with vacuum insulation and it’s guaranteed temperature for your milk is kept constant.
The Secura is another affordable milk frother that doesn’t scrimp on features.
A single button press lets you froth cold or hot, and the insulation ensures external temperature changes don’t affect the interior frothing process.
The Secura also comes with two discs so you can froth just the way you like, and the warranty is good for two years, one of the best in its class.
The Kuissential is considered by many as one of the best milk frother today thanks to its ease of use and versatility.
Preparing hot or cold milk isn’t a problem with its automatic frothing, and it is versatile enough to make milk for a wide array of beverages.
The Kuissential exterior is constructed from stainless steel and non-stick interior makes it easy to clean up after use.
The Capresso uses a unique disk that provides the maximum amount of frothing, and it has a dual automatic shutdown feature for safety purposes.
Also worth noting is the 8 oz. frothing capacity and 12 oz. heating capacity, figures that are hard to match in this class.
You can set the Capresso temperature to hot, cold or warm so milk is just the way you want, and the pitcher is nonstick and resistant to scratches.
One of the best milk frother online today, you can use the Nespresso for lattes and cappuccinos.
Capable of heating milk up to 170 F, this milk frother has a whisk which can be placed inside the base so you don’t have to be concerned about misplacing it.
When the frother is ready to go, its LED light turns green. The Nespresso has a 250 ml capacity when heating milk and 130 ml for frothing, and the on/off switch makes this milk frother intuitive to use.
The Chefs Star milk frother automatically froths milk up to 150 ml, and its 250 ml heating capacity for milk is one of the largest in its class.
The entire unit is constructed of solid stainless steel and it only takes about 80 seconds for the Chefs Star to turn cold milk into hot.
The base can be detached and with the ay the unit has been designed, it’s easy to clean up afterwards.
If you’re going to buy best milk frother, you may want to check this one out from Secura. It comes with a magnetic motor that improves frothing and heating.
The Secura Magnetic is also versatile and is more than capable of preparing cold and hot milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
Its maximum capacity is 125 ml for milk frothing and 250 mil for preparing hot milk, and minimum and maximum level indicators so it’s safe to use.
The Bodum is one of the best manual milk frothers today as it’s been created specifically for creating café quality at home.
The carafe is constructed from borosilicate glass and it is durable enough to be used inside a microwave to heat up your milk.
With a frothing capacity of 8 oz. the Bodum is more than capable of handling your frothing needs. And when you’re done for the day, you can clean the plunger and carafe in the dishwasher.
Types of Milk Frothers
The milk frother comes in many forms, and if you’re going to buy the best milk frother for sale, familiarity with the different options is going to help. Let’s take a look at your options.
Handheld – handheld milk frothers are the ideal solution if you’re on a budget. Also known as a frothing wand, these are battery powered and resemble wands. The wand is placed in your cup and it will work and produce a froth. There are different types of handheld milk frothers and some are better made than others so make sure the quality is top notch.
Milk Frother Press – a stainless steel milk frother press is another good choice as they’re affordable and versatile. To froth, the pump is manually run. All the components are mechanical and don’t have any electrical parts, so if you’re looking for a non-electric milk frother these will do.
Manual vs. Electric Milk Frother
A manual milk frother are just that, manual devices for making milk froth. Some of them use electricity but most don’t, and capacity and function are limited compared to their electric counterparts. Most of them look like whisks or wands and quality varies per product. If you’re going to use the milk frother regularly, an electric model may suit you better.
Features to Look for in a Milk Frother
Now that you’re familiar with the different types, let’s go over the other factors you should consider if you want the top milk frother.
- Design – this covers the shape, dimensions, colors and style. An ideal milk frother shouldn’t take too much countertop space, and the design needs to match your interior and not stand out like a sore thumb. Stainless steel is always a good choice as it is dishwasher safe and looks good in just about any kitchen motif.
- Output – this is what it’s all about. The frothed milk should have lots of bubbles, has a smooth texture and enhances the taste of your drink.
- Easy to Use – if you read the reviews above, you will see that most of them use a one button operation for choosing between hot or cold froth, and that’s the best option for beginners. If you’re an advanced user you may want more sophisticated milk frothers that provide additional options, but for newbies the one-touch operation is the best.
- Speed – some of the best milk frothers take only 60 to 80 seconds to make froth, and the faster the better especially if you’re on the go. When comparing milk frothers, consider how much time it takes to froth 3 ounces of milk. This should not take long on a quality milk frother.
- Noise Level – if you’re going to use the milk frother in the morning and don’t want to wake the rest of the household, look up the noise level and make sure that it’s not too loud and that’s within tolerable limits. Some of the better milk frothers generate very little noise or no sound at all.
- Ease of Cleaning – this is another factor that you need to look into. Milk frothers are usually easy to clean up as they are made up of very few parts (the whisks, milk container and the base). Before using a dishwasher, make sure the parts are dishwasher safe. Milk frothers with non-stick properties are also ideal as it reduces the amount of cleaning you have to do.
- Price Tag – electric milk frothers are more expensive, but the cost has gone down considerably compared to in years past.
- Quality – always go for quality. It’s better to invest in a high quality milk frother today than settle for a cheap product that breaks down after a few uses.
There are a few other factors you want to consider. Will you be content with just a hot/cold temperature setting or do you want one that has a warm option?
Another question would be capacity. How much do you need and how many will use it? A compact or handheld may be enough for a single user, but if you’ve got a large household then you’re better off buying a large milk frother.
One thing you should keep in mind is the greater the capacity, the larger the milk frother will be. If countertop space is at a premium or you want something portable, you have to strike a balance between capacity and size. Milk frothers are generally safe to use, but it won’t hurt if the product has safety features included.
Long gone are the days when you had to go to a fancy café just to get delicious cappuccino or latte, because with a milk frother you can have your beverage just the way you want it.
Now the question is which of the top 10 should be considered the best milk frother? Everyone has their own opinion as to which of the ten here is the best, so feel free to check each one out and decide what’s best for your drinks.